Welcome! We’re happy to have you join our great community.
There are a couple of things you need to take care of now that you are here.

If you are a new resident you have 60 days in which to apply for a new Montana driver’s license. This is worth doing if you plan to hunt or fish, besides being legally required. Residents pay much less for hunting and fishing licenses than non-residents and having a Montana driver’s license starts the clock for establishing residency.

You also need to register your vehicle in Montana within 60 days of moving here. This is the case even if you are a temporary resident. You can choose a 12-month or 24-month registration, or you can register your vehicle quarterly if you are working or staying for a short time period. There is even an option for a permanent vehicle registration for certain vehicles.